Archive > 22.7 Legacy Series

unbound dns stops sporadically

<< < (2/4) > >>

abulafia:
config changes -> could this be an update / re-loading of DNSBL or a DCHP registration update?

JRM99:
Same problem. Using current dev version of OPNsense for many months. A few days ago, unbound stopped and couldn't be restarted (using Services tab on the Dashboard). Thinking it was the dev version, I rolled back to OPNsense 22.7.7_1-amd64. Unbound stopped again this morning. I've disabled unbound and enabled dnsmasq which at this stage is more reliable. I can see nothing in the logs. But I will note that I automatically restart my 4G WAN modems each morning at 03:00:00 and 03:10:00 to reestablish the connections. Logs indicate unbound activity at these times but no errors (I don't know how to export the logs).

franco:
Do you have an "interfaces" selected in the Unbound settings? Because it can have these counter-productive effects. ;)

Cheers,
Franco

dave:
Using the blocklist does it for me

Disabled everything except Threatfox IOC... no problems

Mks:

--- Quote from: franco on November 10, 2022, 09:44:51 am ---Do you have an "interfaces" selected in the Unbound settings? Because it can have these counter-productive effects.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean under Unbound "General options" --> "Network Interfaces" if there are specific ones selected?

br

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version