Archive > 22.7 Legacy Series

Firewall Frequently Locking Up, Requiring Hard Reboot

<< < (7/7)

franco:
Your crash dumps seem erratic and not related to network drivers... I would suspect a general hardware issue that manifests itself under system strain in unpredictable ways.

Cheers,
Franco

milkywaygoodfellas:
Another one... odd if it were hardware issues across three separate sets of hardware, but maybe I'm just extraordinarily unlucky this time. I'll try swapping out the RAM and/or SSD and see if either of those resolves it.

milkywaygoodfellas:
I figured it out - bad RAM. It tested fine on the first device but just to be sure I tested it again... this time it threw so many errors memtest86 couldn't even complete a full pass.

D'oh.

franco:
That would explain it. Maybe not all hardware is affected like this... would be best to keep track of traces separately for each machine. Maybe the other two have a single panic to trace.

Cheers,
Franco

milkywaygoodfellas:

--- Quote from: franco on September 28, 2022, 08:50:58 am ---That would explain it. Maybe not all hardware is affected like this... would be best to keep track of traces separately for each machine. Maybe the other two have a single panic to trace.

Cheers,
Franco

--- End quote ---
It was the same RAM modules in all three of them in this case as I just swapped them into each box, but you are right that keeping track of which machine generated which trace is a good idea in the future. Though hopefully with new RAM it won't be necessary...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version