English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Did I misunderstand wireguard, zenarmor, kmod?

(1/2) > >>

allebone:
I switched to kmod a while ago and was happily waiting for zenarmor to ‘catch up’ and eventually be able to support monitoring on the kmod version of wireguards interface. However now I am thinking that will never happen as the kmod version is stripped down and missing stuff that sensei/zenarmor needs to work. Did I imagine that it was possible for the kernel version of wireguard to be supported one day by zenarmor or is that impossible by design and I shoumd be using wireguard go instead?

mb:
Hi @allebone,

Yes, the problem with wireguard kmod is that it does not have netmap support. For now, the best option would be wireguard go if you want to monitor the wireguard interface with zenarmor.

Having said that, we want to help wireguard kmod have netmap support and for that we're looking into several alternatives to make that happen.

allebone:
I understand. Is the roadmap in years or months for this? Just want to understand if we are 6 months or 6 years away.

mb:
Hi @allebone, Sorry for making you wait.

The challenge for us here is that netmap is part of the Operating System and is developed and maintained by its own team. Since it's not part of zenarmor codebase, we reach out to the authors and sponsor this kind of development.

This generally takes longer than shipping a zenarmor functionality.

Having said that, the "current plans" are that we'll be sponsoring another round of work, sometime during this year.

I hope this answer is more helpful to you. 

allebone:
Thank you, very helpful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version