English Forums > Web Proxy Filtering and Caching

[SOLVED] squidGuard

(1/3) > >>

jocg:
Hello.
I would like to migrate from pfsense to opnsense and I already ported most of my configs to opnsense.
I really like opnsense, but I only have one problem:
Squidguard

Is there some way to add squidguard to opnsense or is there any other plugin that does the same job?
I know that opnsense already has squid built-in (Web Proxy), but I need something more powerful, because squid is only host/domain (and IP) based blocking and I need to process the complete URL string (with regex), that's why I need something like squidguard.

Thank you.

mimugmail:
I offer the pkg in my repo, but no GUI to configure it

https://www.routerperformance.net/opnsense-repo/

jocg:

--- Quote from: mimugmail on May 01, 2022, 11:04:10 am ---I offer the pkg in my repo, but no GUI to configure it

https://www.routerperformance.net/opnsense-repo/

--- End quote ---

Hi, thank you very much for answering.
What is the name of the package? (I already installed the repo and updated the packages)
I must be blink (or dumb), because I don't find anything related to squidguard in my "Plugins" tab.
About the lack of GUI, I don't mind as long as the functionality is the same (and I'm familiar with cli interfaces, so it's not a problem).
Again, thank you very much.

PS:
By the way, I would like take the opportunity to thank you for providing so many awesome packages in your repo (Adguard is a really good replacement for pfBlockerNG).

zerwes:
pkg means a Package and not a Plugin

jocg:

--- Quote from: zerwes on May 01, 2022, 01:13:48 pm ---pkg means a Package and not a Plugin

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the tip.
You are absolutely right, this must be installed through cli.
If anyone ends up in this topic. searching for the same thing (squidguard):
1-ssh into the device
2-press 8 to enter the shell
3-install mimugmail's repo, if you haven't yet
4-pkg install squidguard

Thank you very much to mimugmail and zerwes, for pointing me into the right direction :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version