English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Cloud threat intelligence privacy question

(1/1)

ender526:
Hello,

This may be a silly question related to my unfamiliarity with how cloud threat intelligence works in zenarmor, but I can’t find clarification in the docs.  It appears like most of the functionality breaks when you turn off cloud threat intelligence. How does the intelligence feature work? Does it send every website address I visit to the cloud (even anonymized), to be checked? Or does it just use the cloud to update the local signature data? I am used to other IDS’s using local rule sets that can be pulled down/updated regularly. I prefer this method as all the analysis is happening locally, and no private data is being send to the cloud.

So I guess my question is… is it sending my data to the cloud to perform this action, and if so, is there a local option, either existing or on a roadmap?

Thanks!

sy:
Hi,

Zenarmor has the top 100.000 websites locally. It queries the domains / IPs except them and caches it for 1 hour. And all data is queried anonymously. Nevers sends or stores your private data on the cloud site.

athurdent:

--- Quote from: sy on April 25, 2022, 04:15:32 pm ---Hi,

Zenarmor has the top 100.000 websites locally. It queries the domains / IPs except them and caches it for 1 hour. And all data is queried anonymously. Nevers sends or stores your private data on the cloud site.

--- End quote ---

Awesome, thank you for the information!

ender526:
Thanks. Would be great if there was something in the docs or website about this. It’s also possible there is, and I missed it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version