Archive > 22.1 Legacy Series

UPnP with multiple clients playing the same game at the same time

(1/2) > >>

sclawrenc:
I noticed a patch on the pfsense side that allows multiple UPnP clients to play the same game at the same time.  You can see more information at https://forum.netgate.com/topic/169837/upnp-fix-for-multiple-clients-consoles-playing-the-same-game

Is this already present in the latest release of OPNsense?  I tried it briefly the other day and just ended up doing manual port forwards and rules, but would prefer to use UPnP to make it easier for all of our gaming devices here at home.

I realize there a security risks with UPnP, and I will restrict via ACL.

Thanks in advance!

sclawrenc:
Anyone have any updates on my question?  I'm just curious if this UPnP update will be applied to OPNsense or has already been applied.

Thanks in advance.  :)

xpendable:
I would like to see this feature included in OPNsense as well :)

rand0nmtask:
I am curious about this as well.

fingaz:
I've been following this issue also for a while now; currently a pfSense user (with now-working UPnP, wahoo!), but looking to switch to new hardware and OPNsense instead, but this is the only thing putting me off, as a home user with multiple consoles/PCs.

I did some looking/digging, and it seems that this patch is not yet present in OPNsense 22.1 or the upcoming 22.7 versions.

Playing in a VM; I have hot-patched 22.7 with:
```
--- /tmp/filter.inc.orig        2022-07-28 08:59:22.662254000 +0000
+++ /usr/local/etc/inc/filter.inc       2022-07-28 08:58:56.378226000 +0000
@@ -346,6 +346,8 @@
     $natrules = "\n# NAT Redirects\n";
     $natrules .= "no nat proto carp all\n";
     $natrules .= "no rdr proto carp all\n";
+    $natrules .= "binat-anchor \"miniupnpd\"\n";
+    $natrules .= "nat-anchor \"miniupnpd\"\n";
     $natrules .= $fw->outputNatRules();

if ($verbose) {
```
and it didn't explode/stop working at least. I'm unable to test if it actually fixes the issues though until the new hardware arrives...
Those curious enough to try could try editing the file at: "/usr/local/etc/inc/filters.inc" with the two additional lines mentioned above; reboot, and see if multiple consoles is working?

If we can prove the fix works here too, hopefully that's sufficient ground to get a PR merged for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version