Archive > 21.7 Legacy Series

IPv6 BT Openreach FTTP, OpenWRT and OPNsense - SOLVED

(1/2) > >>

Hopmeister:
Finally got it all working. The trick was /56 from BT and the /60 on OPNsense WAN. Then it all worked.

Openwrt:
/56 request from BT
IPv6 settings under DHCP - RA server mode, DHCPv6-Service server mode, NDP proxy hybrid, DHCPv6-Mode stateless & stateful

OPNsense:
WAN (igb0) IPv4 = DHCP
IPv6 = DHCPv6
DHCPv6 client config:
Config mode = basic
Request only IPv6 prefix = unticked (do not select)
Prefix delegation size = 60
Send IPv6 prefix hint = ticked/selected
Use IPv4 connectivity = ticked/selected

LAN (igb1 and others):
IPv4 type = static IPv4
IPv6 type = Track interface
Static IPv4 = 172.16.1.1 (or whatever you want)
IPv4 upstream gateway = auto-detect

Track IPv6 interface:
IPv6 interface = WAN
IPv6 Prefix ID = 0 (no idea what it does but it works)
Manual configuration = tick/selected

Hope that helps someone
 8)

marjohn56:
Might I ask why you are using an OpenWRT device  in front of Opnsense?

Hopmeister:
Hi,

Yes of course. The PPPoE only gives me 250MB/s from the ONT. If I put my ISP box or my Openwrt router into the ONT then I get full 500MB/s out of the OPNsense interface.

When I had 150/30 FTTP it wasn't an issue, but at 500/73 it is an issue as I only get 250/73. With ISP & Openwrt I get 500/73.

I've been told there are tuneable to try and mitigate this and will try them out in due course. Both of us work from home and do a lot of teams calls so I can't investigate during the working day.

marjohn56:
OK, so OpenWRT is also PPoE but you get the full bandwidth, with OpnSense you do not... interesting. Fortunately my fttp is just straight DHCP into the ONT and I do not have that issue. Different provider of course, 900 symetrical without any problems.

Hopmeister:
Exactly. I've searched this morning for any fixes but can't seem to find anything about BTOR. Lots of VLAN101, not it's not, yes it is...

Just strange that in IP it's 1GB traffic and in PPPoE it's 250MB/s. I wonder what the overhead differences are?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version