English Forums > Tutorials and FAQs

Home Assistant with DuckDNS / Lets Encrypt / OpnSense

(1/1)

SOUK:
Guys, I've got Home Assistant setup and working via my Opnsense router, DuckDNS and Lets Encrypt, enabling me to remotely access my Home Assistant securely with encryption while I'm out and about (outside my home network), which is great.

I'd like to be able to access my personal ******@duckdns.org URL securely over my 'local network' too whilst maintaining the secure HTTPS certification.   I know it can be done via this router or pfsense but I just cant find a tutorial explaining the correct procedure.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please.   ;)

bartjsmit:

--- Quote from: SOUK on December 19, 2021, 04:26:43 pm ---Can anyone point me in the right direction please.   ;)

--- End quote ---

There isn't necessarily a right direction  :D

First option is split DNS. Add your duckdns.org record(s) in an authoritative zone to your local DNS.

Second option is to add hosts file entries to the workstation(s) on your internal network

Third option is to add a hairpin NAT (a.k.a. NAT reflection)

Bart...

SOUK:
Hi Bart, thanks for your response you wonderful person you..  ;)

I enabled these three and it seems to have resolved my issue now:

Opnsense router> Firewall >>Settings>>>Advanced:

The TICKED the following:

Thank you.

bartjsmit:
No problem; at least I'll not be the only one spending far too much time tinkering with Home Assistant over the holidays  8)

AseKarlsson:

--- Quote from: bartjsmit on December 20, 2021, 08:59:24 am ---
--- Quote from: SOUK on December 19, 2021, 04:26:43 pm ---Can anyone point me in the right direction please.   ;)

--- End quote ---

There isn't necessarily a right direction  :D

First option is split DNS. Add your duckdns.org record(s) in an authoritative zone to your local DNS.

Second option is to add hosts file entries to the workstation(s) on your internal network

Third option is to add a hairpin NAT (a.k.a. NAT reflection)

Bart...

--- End quote ---

Any good guide for this DuckDNS/Lets Encrypt/Home Assistant setup using OPNsense?

//Ase

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version