English Forums > High availability

CARP wrong Interface will sync

(1/1)

c-mu:
Hello,
I have many VLANs on my firewalls, now I wanted to add more and then I run into a problem on the "Virtual IP" step.

On the master the Virtual IP has this value, which was also given by me:
VLAN137@79 with the IP 10.27.137.250.

Now I start the sync on my slave. By the way, there the interfaces are named exactly the same as on the master.
But there the following is set up:

VLAN138@79 with IP 10.27.137.250

So the sync transmits the wrong VLAN interface to the slave. But why?

I had this error several times and could help myself so far by deleting the VLAN interface on both sides and creating a new one. Only deleting the virtual IP, synchronize and create again was never enough.

But at the moment I have to create a lot of VLANs and then this becomes a very annoying matter. Maybe someone knows where I can look for the error here?

EDIT:
if I manually correct the VLAN interface on the slave, CARP works as it should, but the next sync overwrites it again

Thanks a lot!

mimugmail:
When you go to Interfaces : Overview .. on both firewalls, are all interfaces set up in the same order? You can't mix them, such things will happen then.

https://docs.opnsense.org/manual/how-tos/carp.html#setup-interfaces-basic-firewall-rules

c-mu:
you were right! with the amount of interfaces i have skipped an intercace on the slave by mistake. VLAN136 is missing there and that explains the behavior. Thanks again for the tip! I will correct it tonight

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version