English Forums > Hardware and Performance

CPU clockrate and temperature on NanoPi R2S

(1/1)

ryker@utanet.at:
Dear all,

I am using Nanopi R2S with image OPNsense-21.7.3-OpenSSL-aarch64-NanoPi-R2S-20211012.img.xz and was wondering if there is a way to display CPU clockrate and CPU temperature, either on the WebGui or via console?

The R2S seems to run a bit hot and I would like to monitor how it behaves under higher load.

Ryker

Grimboid:
Hi, on the x86 version that i have previously been using, the temps and CPU details are usually on the dashboard page in the GUI, are they not in this version ?

I've just been trying to get this version to work myself. The R2S seems to boot up ok (i.e. the sys light comes on, the WAN interface comes up, and the LAN light comes on when connected) but I can't ping it or get a gui. My modem can see it and gives out a DHCP address as 192.168.1.101. Maybe this is the problem ?Would be grateful if you have any tips.

The unit gets warm to the touch when running (I have the version in the black metal case) but not hot so far. When I get it running properly I might be able to get a bit more solid info. I think there's a package for monitoring temps in OPNSense that you can also install as an addition.

HTH

ryker@utanet.at:
I have loaded the temperature widget into the dashboad, but it does not shown any values. So presumably the Rockchip CPU/SoC driver does not properly report this via the BSD kernel or there is some config/tool missing.

The default setting for the R2S LAN IP address is 192.168.1.1/24. If you manually configure your laptop to an address within the same subnet, you should be able to https access the webinterface. There may be issues with DHCP due to proper HW MAC address missing. Ensure you take the latest image from personalbsd. I have had issues with previous image from August.

My R2S is still based on the yellow plastic housing - have thought about drilling holes already ... ;-)

spikerguy:
R2S have second ethernet driver support still unstable.

ryker@utanet.at:
Hi there,

can you please describe how you regocnise ure/LAN port on R2S to be "unstable"? I am running R2S with OPNSense now for a few month, but also get the feeling that there is some instability in my setup with R2S even at very low throughput rates, but cannot judge if this is related to ure/LAN interface or something else. Please let me know.

R4S is quite expensive in the meantime, I am willing to spend the money, but want to be sure there will be a real benefit coming from it compared to R2S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version