Archive > 21.7 Legacy Series

dpinger not running for WAN_DHCP6

(1/2) > >>

bimmerdriver:
I updated my test system from 21.7.r_210 to 21.7.r_228 and dpinger is not running. I can't start it from the dashboard and rebooting doesn't help. To be sure nothing had gotten corrupted, I restored to the r_210 checkpoint. The problem didn't exist. I upgraded it to r_228 again. dpinger worked until the first reboot, then after rebooting, it would not start again.

This is in the log:

/status_services.php: The WAN_DHCP6 IPv6 gateway address could not be found, skipping.   

Any suggestions?

franco:
Dev version is in work in progress mode regarding interface address behaviour internals. Can you try the following patch? I think it was too optimistic to prevent low level device lookups.

https://github.com/opnsense/core/commit/0c0a2fec3b36

# opnsense-patch 0c0a2fec3b36

Cheers,
Franco

bimmerdriver:
Hi Franco,

I installed the patch and rebooted. The behaviour is the same.

Previously, I had reverted to the previous checkpoint and upgraded again. dpinger started properly after the initial reboot immediately after the upgrade. When I rebooted it again, dpinger did not start.

Let me know if I can provide any further information or if you want, you can take a look at the system remotely.

Cheers.

franco:
Ok, if the issue is persistent it would be helpful to take a look at the system itself. Let me know via franco@opnsense.org

Thanks,
Franco

bimmerdriver:
email sent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version