Archive > 21.7 Legacy Series

Port forwards for an old game server - simple task but can't make it work

(1/2) > >>

Mencius:
Hello all

I am trying to host an old game server (UT2004) to play with a few friends but I cannot get the port forwarding to work. The game server needs UDP ports 7777, 7778, 7787 and TCP port 28902. I have researched this thoroughly and set it up as best I can but I am a beginner (relatively) and I am struggling to understand why it won't work.

I believe my interfaces are simple. I have 1xLAN and 1xWAN interface. I am using IPV6 and IPV4. WAN is by DHCPV4 and DHCPV6. The IPV6 WAN is track interface with the LAN DHCPV6 server also running. The IPV4 LAN is just 192.168.1.0/24, no other subnets, VLANS or anything else. I am also running the UPNP plugin.

I have made no changes to the default firewall rules.

I wish to forward traffic to a LAN PC which is 192.168.1.6. My port forward rule and aliases are in the attached screenshots of the same name. I enabled "reflection for port forwards" and "automatic outbound NAT reflection". When creating the port forward rule I chose the "add associated filter rule" option and there is a linked rule present in the firewall WAN rules.

However, my game server is unreachable, nobody can connect.

Did I misconfigure something? Can I provide any other information that would help determine what is wrong?

I would be very grateful for any help or suggestions.

Greelan:
Did you “Apply” after creating the aliases?

Mencius:
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yep, I applied and saved as I went.

Greelan:
Can’t see anything obviously wrong with your config. Have you checked the logs to see if traffic is flowing (with logging enabled for the port forward obviously)? Maybe it’s a firewall issue on the PC?

Mencius:
Thanks very much for looking at the settings. I haven't tried logging yet but it's great to know there's nothing glaringly wrong with my setup as I wasn't sure if I'd done it right.

I can move on to troubleshooting the client and the application then and see if logging gives any insights.

There are so many gremlins trying to get old software like this to work so it might be a few things....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version