English Forums > Hardware and Performance

[SOLVED] Need help with WLAN interface assignment

(1/1)

stoicdimension:
Hi all,

I'm trying to use my WLAN adapter in AP mode, but it won't save properly. I can assign the adapter to optional interface 1 using the terminal, but when I then go to the settings in the web interface and set up the WI-FI network, it seems to break. After that, it's not even visible in the list of interface assignment.
OPNsense 21.7.3-amd64, FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p20-HBSD. Brand new system.

Any help would be appreciated. Please ask for more info and I'll provide it when I can.

Stoic

annoniempjuh:
wireless adapters are found under: Interfaces -> Wireless -> Devices, then click on that + icon.

stoicdimension:
Hi annoniempjuh,

Thanks for your reply. I tried that and it doesn't always work. Sometimes it throws an error, if it works, it's put in Infrastructure (BSS) mode. If it is in Infrastructure (BSS) mode, and I go to the OPT1 interface to do all the settings, I can't switch it to AP mode.

Any clue how to continue?

stoic

stoicdimension:
Hi all,

I managed to get it all working. I think the reason why it didn't work in the first place was the the interface assignment done through the CLI messed up the settings in the GUI. After assigning the device in the Wireless -> Devices tab, and then creating the proper assignment and setting it up, it worked.

Thanks annoniempjuh!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version