English Forums > General Discussion

unbound just died during the night, how to use monit

(1/2) > >>

sp33dy:
howdy

the unbound service died during the night, saw somewhere it could be "Register DHCP static mappings" so i disabled that now

anyhow is there a detailed guid on setting up monit and unbound, i really dont have a clue what to put in all those fields..and yes i saw the general howto but that doesent tell me how to get unbound/monit running

cookiemonster:
Unbound is stable. If I may say, of course monitoring his important you'd be better off solving the problem with Unbund rather than knowing when it has failed.

sp33dy:

--- Quote from: cookiemonster on September 19, 2021, 10:38:25 pm ---Unbound is stable. If I may say, of course monitoring his important you'd be better off solving the problem with Unbund rather than knowing when it has failed.

--- End quote ---

oh sorry, i guess it did´t happen then

erratic:
heh

I'd like to know the same.  My stable unbound stops every midnight (possibly on the dnsbl cronjob but I hear DHCP registration can be wobbly too? ) and I thought hey, whatever, I'll just live with manually restarting it every morning, forever, because that seems like less effort than diagnosing and fixing the problem.

However that obviously got super old super quick, so a bodge where monit kicks it back to life until I can figure out why the perfectly stable unbound is stopping every day would be smashing.

cookiemonster:
ok if the service dies on you then of course to you it is unstable. That is fair enough.
I am trying to say many of use don't see that behaviour. Mine never stops unless I cause it to.
The problem is one only you can diagnose, a forum can sign-post where to look but every setup is different.

I'm not an expert in Unbound, I used to use DNSMasq but I've set it up and works fine.
What I would do is approach it like every problematic service: find out where it logs, if is possible to increase the verbosity, try to reproduce the problem and check logs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version