English Forums > Tutorials and FAQs

TUTORIAL Nginx + Let's Encrypt for Plex / Emby / Jellyfin 100% A+ Rating

<< < (2/4) > >>

Seimann:

--- Quote from: TheHellSite on September 29, 2021, 08:37:07 am ---You do NOT have 100 % A+!
You have A+ okay, but only 90 % in key exchange and cipher strength since you are missing some critical key parts.  ;)

See below my SSLLabs Rating.

This is what happens when copying another persons guide without fully understanding what you are actually doing.
Of course it doesn't matter what reverse proxy someone is using, but the configuration surely matters!

Also at least give credit when copying / adopting another guide.  ::) (no offense)

--- End quote ---

"You get TO 100% an A+ rating"
you are not blind and can see the screenshot like any other person?

what did i copy? all the pictures about Nginx? All texts about Nginx?
your statements are a bit psychological ...
like a child would like to argue about little things? that has no place here! think about it before you piss on someone's leg.

You would also like a donation for the fact that the title is similar in a tutorial theard  ::) wow

TheHellSite:
You won. :)

But still in order to obtain a A+ rating with 100 % score in ALL points you need to alter some settings in nginx. You don't have a 100 % rating in all areas.

BeNe:
@Seimann
Thanks for your great  tutorial. It's easy to follow and clear to understand with the screenshots.

Could you also explain how to handle more than on target ?

I mean a routing with subdomain for example:
subdomain1.my-domain.tld -> server1
subdomain2.my-domain.tld -> server2

Do i need to create a HTTP Server for every subdomain ?
How can i redirect to a server with the correct SSL Cert ?

Thanks for any hints and tips.

Greez,
BeNe

Grossartig:
Came here to say that this is a really nice write-up! I adapted it to my needs for my Plex instance, but you got me 99% there. This really is the only tutorial I found that talks about Plex/Nginx/OPNsense. There are a few other tutorials about just general Nginx & Plex, but it's always difficult to adapt raw Nginx config files to how it needs to be configured on the OPNsense Nginx GUI. So... thank you!

I now also disabled remote access from the Plex server settings and removed my OPNsense firewall rule to close that hole as well. And... drum roll... yes, I also got an A+ rating on the Qualys site. However, Mozilla Observatory reported a less than stellar score, so I had to tweak the security headers a bit more.

Anyway, thank you!

MartinZ:
I am exposing my Home Assistant server using the nginx plugin with no problem. Tried to do the same with Jellyfin (same setting) and the result is 502 Bad Gateway. Followed this (btw. awesome) tutorial but I still get a 502 Bad Gateway when I enter the domain that links to my Jellyfin Server. Any ideas? I already spent hours on this. Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version