English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Exciting news today: Sensei is now Zenarmor

(1/1)

mb:
Dear friends,

As of today, we're thrilled to announce that we'll be rebranding Sensei as ZENARMOR.

Sensei will be getting a new logo with a new brand name, but our beloved next-generation firewall plug-in will remain the same if not better.

Read more here:

https://www.sunnyvalley.io/post/sensei-is-now-zenarmor

athurdent:
I like the new name, has a nice ring to it! 👍

I‘d rename it for good in OPNsense though, just use ZENARMOR in the menu and put the explanation in the update notes for everyone to see.
The blog entry mentions changes to the plans, I could not find any at first glance. Any changes in pricing for the home edition, or additional features planned there?
And the big question, when will it be released and will it feature MAC address exclusion and RSS multicore support?

Thanks for the heads up here and keep up the good work, this is by far the best plug-in ever! 😊

sorano:
Yeah the new name is pretty good I gotta say.

What's the planned release date for 1.10?

mb:
@athurdent,  @sorano
Thanks for the feedback. Great to hear that you loved the new name. 1.10 is under beta testing currently. We're targeting the end of this month for the release.

Nothing will change other than the cosmetic changes in the UI, Web site, and other marketing documents.

Other than that, product roadmaps and features are all the same. We'll continue to ship what we had been planning for Sensei under the new name.

Specifically for MAC address-based filtering, whitelisting, it'll appear in 1.10. You'll also start seeing MAC addresses in the reports. With that, Zenarmor will match IPv6 addresses with the IPv4-based DNS hostnames if they share the same MAC address.

This is evolving towards Device Identification and device-based policy enforcement.

For the RSS multi-core support, I think OPNsense has landed some developments in the latest release. Did not have a chance to check it out yet. We'll post an update once we get a hold of it.

athurdent:
@mb
Nice, thank you very much for the detailed answer, looking forward to the MAC filtering!

Here's what was implemented & tested regarding RSS so far:
https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=24409.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version