English Forums > Web Proxy Filtering and Caching

Proxy denied page with category of why it was blocked

(1/1)

jckruger:
Hi all, I'm just fiddling around with OPNsense and have had good success in setting up the web proxy. I am now setting up some remote blacklists and have had success with them too. What I would like though is to have the block page show what category it matched on. I have looked at the squid custom codes and can't seem to get any of them to show the category it was blocked under.

I am currently using pfsense and am excited to try opnsense as it seems to work better in less options to be able to tinker with to break things. Setting up the Proxy with Bump-All with a cert seemed to Just-work but I can't get it working in pfsense.

The reason I want to know the category is that I just see Access Denied but can't figure out which category to unblock.

Even the logs don't give me any indication. The only way for me is to download the blocklist and search for the domain in the files to see what category it is. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the latest version

This is the site I used to try to view the category when a page was blocked

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CustomErrors#ERR_.2A_template_codes_for_embedding

philbar:
I have got the exact same concerns, no category name showing up in the block page nor in the access.log.

is that something we can have ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version