English Forums > Tutorials and FAQs

Tutorial 2024/02: HAProxy + Let's Encrypt Wildcard Certificates + 100% A+ Rating

<< < (21/131) > >>

bringha:
Thank you for your answer!

My domain Registrar is Ionos. Ionos has also a dyndns service and a dns management api and is contained in the opnsense dyndns list. I would like to leave the services of the main Domain there (mail, Webhosting) and have only the subdomains with my local dyndns based site.

Br br

TheHellSite:
IONOS works exactly like deSEC, just adopt the deSEC stuff to the IONOS settings.
get a dns API key, set up dyn dns and get your certs.

N0_Klu3:
Hey @TheHellSite, Do you know a way I can add Basic Auth to one of the sub domains?

I have a dashboard which just runs without login and I would really like it secured behind just basic auth if possible.
I tried creating a condition and a rule and applying it to the sub domain but it doesnt seem to work.

I also saw on the backend there is an option on the domain for basic auth checkbox, so I tried that but no dice either.

Any chance you can add a section to the guide about securing singular domains with basic auth?

TheHellSite:

--- Quote from: N0_Klu3 on November 05, 2021, 09:29:43 pm ---Hey @TheHellSite, Do you know a way I can add Basic Auth to one of the sub domains?

I have a dashboard which just runs without login and I would really like it secured behind just basic auth if possible.
I tried creating a condition and a rule and applying it to the sub domain but it doesnt seem to work.

I also saw on the backend there is an option on the domain for basic auth checkbox, so I tried that but no dice either.

Any chance you can add a section to the guide about securing singular domains with basic auth?

--- End quote ---

Definitely will be looking into this. You can expect this in the coming weeks, hopefully.

N0_Klu3:
AMAZING! Thank you so much

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version