Archive > 16.7 Legacy Series

Proxy server and web filter

(1/2) > >>

ADVCORP:
Hello I'm trying to see if OPNsense has some improvements over pfsense.
I am configuring the proxy server and I want to know after I loaded the blacklist file (eg. Shalla blacklist), at which point I have to go to activate the restrictions based on the arguments in the file? (Eg. I want to block all traffic related to gamble sites), as must I do? I do not find the point at which to set the parameters.
Thanks and best regards.

AdSchellevis:
The lists are blocked for all, so you should only need to press the "Download ACLs & Apply" button to set things up.

ADVCORP:
Hello, I have already done that too, but does not block anything in this way, the only way to block a site is entered manually in forward proxy, ACL, however, is hard work.
In pfsense there is the opportunity to select which categories to block and is much simpler.
In OPNsense there is not this possibility?

AdSchellevis:
you can very easily block (compressed) lists, like the ones from http://dsi.ut-capitole.fr/blacklists/download/

For Shalla we need to provide an extra option to filter the ones you would like to use (not all folders are blacklists), we probably will add something to the current solution soon, it shouldn't be very hard to do.

jstrebel:
Hi, I do not like to interfere in this tread. But it seems to me worthwhile to mention a Web and URL Filtering function which is in OPNsense for a while. In my opinion this fullfils most needs of home and SME Installations.
It is under;   Services: DNS Tools: Filter
I use this service for years
Jakob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version