English Forums > Documentation and Translation

AdGuard Home setup guide

<< < (47/62) > >>

plikmuny:
I am very happy that after following the Guide posted here i could able to setup AGH and Unbound successfully.

I have Internet now and the page loading time is insane. i amreally liking it.

But i have one problem, after setting AGH and Unbound as only Resolver i am not able to update the Package... once i click the update it keeps on waiing for the update... What is wrong with my Opnsense ? why cant i update my packages ? i also intend to install other Packages, but without updating how will i do it ? why only the firmware update function is not working but Internet is Working ???

i am clueless, pls help me to solve this problem... Thanks

b00gyman:

--- Quote from: plikmuny on February 28, 2023, 01:58:51 pm ---I am very happy that after following the Guide posted here i could able to setup AGH and Unbound successfully.

I have Internet now and the page loading time is insane. i amreally liking it.

But i have one problem, after setting AGH and Unbound as only Resolver i am not able to update the Package... once i click the update it keeps on waiing for the update... What is wrong with my Opnsense ? why cant i update my packages ? i also intend to install other Packages, but without updating how will i do it ? why only the firmware update function is not working but Internet is Working ???

i am clueless, pls help me to solve this problem... Thanks

--- End quote ---
Hey there, I'm a n00b at OPNsense (actually came here to try and research a question) but I had a similar problem as you with updates.

Once I change the server location to get updates, mine worked. I picked one that was close to me regionally and then my updates went through with no problem.
(Sorry not on my network right now so I can't get screenshots) I'll try later if you would like.

Not sure if it's the same problem you are having but may be worth a try

Let me know if it works for ya

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jerknerkel:
I've successfully gotten Adguard home working following the steps posted above.
One of the steps however says to clear the DNS settings for each gateway in the System>Settings>General in doing so I believe this has caused conflict with my multiple gateway and failover group setup.

Would there be a work around for this step in multi wan? "Go to System ‣ Settings ‣ General and make sure each gateway has its own DNS setup"

I'm not sure how to make this work with Adguard home, having all of them cleared for AGH seems to do weird things with DNS when it failsover.

Any help would be much appreciated.

edit: I've thrown in the towel on this one, decided benefit of adguardhome was not worth the complication in my setup or to have issues with vlan or failover DNS (I'm new to opnsense).

depc80:
Hi,

I just finished installing Adguard. Work like a charm. Please don't mind if I ask, is there a guide to add multiple networks to Adguard?
For example, I have a separate interface for AP, I changed rule of AP interface: Destination: AP address  to Destination: LAN address and added 192.168.1.1 as DNS in its DHCP. It seems to work and I start seeing Adguard picking up IP from mobile devices. However, I wonder if it would cause any issue.

Cheers

Edit: Found the answer in page 14

--- Quote from: jlab on January 08, 2023, 05:25:17 pm ---
Yup, i actually Found Matt's website on how to do this : https://0x2142.com/how-to-set-up-adguard-on-opnsense/

Very Bottom.

Example how to add more networks is, Example Default with no additional networks :

In there, you'll see a section like this:
dns:
   bind_hosts:

And one with more :

dns:
   bind_hosts:

--- End quote ---
Thanks jlab

Edit: Faced a slow loading dashboard, failed to update. Turns out the solution is just need to change bind_host and dns:bind_host to 0.0.0.0. Also was un-abled to update till I hit a couple more times, thing just went through.

Thanks everyone, I just need to read the whole thread :D

One question tho, in some screenshots, I see Unbound: Register DHCP leases & Register DHCP static mappings are unticked. Others said they ticked those. I tried both and had no issue with internet connection. Kinda confused. Sorry, I'm a noob. My excuse is I just start using Opnsense a couple months ago.

Edit: Upgraded to the latest Opnsense today and Connection drop after reboot. Router can connect to internet but Adguard does not resolve DNS. Disabled Adguard and change Unbound back to 53 fix the issue. # Adguard plugin needs update. Solution: opnsense-revert -r 23.1.5 opnsense

bigverm23:

--- Quote from: yeraycito on January 28, 2023, 01:35:39 am ---Opnsense 23.1 Install:

1 - Activate mimugmail's community repository:

SSH Opnsense: fetch -o /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/mimugmail.conf https://www.routerperformance.net/mimugmail.conf

2 - Install AdGuardHome from System --> Firmware --> Plugins

3 - Opnsense - System - Settings -General

DNS Servers: empty

Untick: Do not use the local DNS service as a nameserver for this system

Untick: Allow DNS server list to be overridden by DHCP/PPP on WAN

4 - Services – DHCPv4 – [LAN] : DNS Servers all empty

5 – Opnsense – Services - Unbound DNS – General

Tick: Enable Unbound ( Listen Port: 5353 )

Tick: Enable DNSSEC Support

Network Interfaces: All

6 - Opnsense - Services - Unbound - Dns Over Tls

Server IP: 1.1.1.1

Server Port: 853

Verify CN: cloudflare-dns.com

7 - Activate and start AdGuardHome from Services --> AdGuardHome

8 - Navigate to http://Opnsense ip:3000/ ( 192.168.1.1:3000 ) to complete the setup Adguard

9 - Adguard Home - DNS Configuration - Upstream Servers:

Add Opnsense ip:5353  ( 192.168.1.1:5353 ) Delete those that exist

10 – Adguard Home – DNS Configuration – Bootstrap DNS servers

Add Opnsense ip:5353  ( 192.168.1.1:5353 ) Delete those that exist

11 - Adguard Home - DNS Configuration - Private reverse DNS servers:

192.168.1.1:5353

--- End quote ---

for some reason when I followed these steps, it seemingly brought down my WAN permanently...as in, it did not recover and I had to reverse everything, including Unbound to get the WAN UP again....anybody else?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version