English Forums > Documentation and Translation

AdGuard Home setup guide

<< < (41/62) > >>

dumbo:

--- Quote from: hushcoden on January 09, 2023, 05:35:42 pm ---Sorry if it's a dumb question, but for

Tia.

--- End quote ---

Do have nearly the same questions as you.

I want to run Unbound as my upstream resolver for Adguard Home (and don't want to run DoT).

Couldn't find the right settings.

RamSense:

--- Quote from: hushcoden on January 09, 2023, 05:35:42 pm ---Sorry if it's a dumb question, but for

1) AdGuard Home – DNS Configuration – Upstream servers

2) AdGuard Home – DNS Configuration – Bootstrap DNS servers

3) AdGuard Home – DNS Configuration – Private reverse DNS servers

I see someoen saying to use Opnsense ip:5353 and someone else to use 127.0.0.1:5353

Are those options exactly the same / should we use both ?

Tia.

--- End quote ---

127.0.0.1 is called the loopback address, and is the IP a computer uses to refer to itself.
Since you are running adguard home plugin on opnsense, it is running on the same device and points it to opnsense service listening on port 5353, e.g. your unbound listening to port 5353, or e.g. bind.

If you use the ip of your opnsense device, this will work also

no upstream servers in unbound / bind, Root servers are being used indeed

RamSense:

--- Quote from: dumbo on January 15, 2023, 02:50:00 pm ---

Tia.

--- End quote ---

Do have nearly the same questions as you.

I want to run Unbound as my upstream resolver for Adguard Home (and don't want to run DoT).

Couldn't find the right settings.

--- End quote ---

DNS Configuration – Upstream servers -> 127.0.0.1:portnumber of unbound or OpnsenseIP:portnumber

dumbo:

--- Quote from: RamSense on January 15, 2023, 08:47:39 pm ---DNS Configuration – Upstream servers -> 127.0.0.1:portnumber of unbound or OpnsenseIP:portnumber

--- End quote ---

Thx for your help.

So it must be like:

* Upstream DNS servers = 127.0.0.1#'Port Number' or OPNsense IP + Port Number
* Bootstrap DNS servers = 127.0.0.1#'Port Number' or OPNsense IP + Port Number
* Private reverse DNS servers = 127.0.0.1#'Port Number' or OPNsense IP + Port Number
I would also like to read the host names of my devices - so that's why Private reverse servers DNS - or is it wrong?

RamSense:
correct, but since you are not using external DNS as upstream, but your unbound on opnsense, it already knows your local devices from unbound, but you can add your ip there in the field in adguard just in case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version