Archive > 16.7 Legacy Series

OPNSense CLI interface on Roadmap?

<< < (2/3) > >>

prodriguezd:
Hi.

Are there any documentation about configctl?

TKS

noname:
How to upgrade from CLI?

I tried configctl firmware upgrade, which returns OK
and then configctl firmware status, which returns Cannot update. Why?

And is it possible to add a firewall rule from CLI?

Thanks a lot in advance!

fabian:

--- Quote from: keketoutfou on September 07, 2017, 02:24:46 pm ---How to upgrade from CLI?

--- End quote ---
using the right number in the menu (12 if I remember correctly)

--- Quote from: keketoutfou on September 07, 2017, 02:24:46 pm ---And is it possible to add a firewall rule from CLI?

--- End quote ---
Not with the default tools - you would have to edit /config/config.xml or write a service file and reload the filter afterwards. There is no command for that.

noname:
Thanks a lot for your quick response!

I'm using rundeck, a job scheduler and playbook automation. I want to upgrade multiple OPNsense instances at the same time with a job that will execute a few lines to upgrade each instance. I access instances using ssh and executing commands on them. Therefore I have no visual access and cannot use the menu you above quoted. I thought configctl firmware upgrade could be exactly what I am looking for. Could you explain why it return a 'cannot upgrade' error even though updates are available (I checked it using GUI).

Thanks in advance!

noname:
And one last question:
Is there a way to check whether ports are down/up and/or whether services are running/stopped through CLI, API or other?

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version