English Forums > Virtual private networks

quick question about OpenVPN setup

(1/1)

axel2078:
Question...for OpenVPN setup (road warrior), is a VPN Client needed (in the VPN Clients section of  the OpenVPN config section)?  I followed the OPNsense docs on how to configure OpenVPN and I noticed that it contained no instructions on configuring a VPN client.  I've used a firewall before, where this was necessary, so I went ahead and created one.  In the end, it worked, but I still don't know if creating that VPN Client was necessary or not since it was not included in the OPNsense documentation.  Thanks.

Gauss23:
If you want your OPNsense to be a server for other people to log in, you just need a server.

If your OPNsense should connect to another OpenVPN server you would need a client. In that case, you should use a site-to-site setup though.

axel2078:

--- Quote from: Gauss23 on December 11, 2020, 06:27:53 pm ---If you want your OPNsense to be a server for other people to log in, you just need a server.

If your OPNsense should connect to another OpenVPN server you would need a client. In that case, you should use a site-to-site setup though.

--- End quote ---

That makes perfect sense. Thank you.

mgsteve:
please delete, replied in wrong thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version