Archive > 20.7 Legacy Series

Uncaught Google_Service_Exception:

(1/1)

lshantz:
I've been getting this error now for a year. I have sent in dozens and dozens of "A problem was detected. Click here for more information." I guess these are not responded to or followed? I don't see any open subjects on this matter. I hope this is a simple fix, but I'm not sure where to start. I tried by removed Google SDK and that did not seem to resolve it. It is apparently a default install, but I can't see what I would need it for. It appears that it is trying to connect to a Google service that I have no account for.

[18-Nov-2020 01:00:08 America/Phoenix] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Google_Service_Exception: {"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"Invalid grant: account not found"} in /usr/local/share/google-api-php-client/src/Google/Http/REST.php:118
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/share/google-api-php-client/src/Google/Http/REST.php(94): Google_Http_REST::decodeHttpResponse(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response), Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Request), 'Google_Service_...')
#1 /usr/local/share/google-api-php-client/src/Google/Task/Runner.php(176): Google_Http_REST::doExecute(Object(GuzzleHttp\Client), Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Request), 'Google_Service_...')
#2 /usr/local/share/google-api-php-client/src/Google/Http/REST.php(58): Google_Task_Runner->run()
#3 /usr/local/share/google-api-php-client/src/Google/Client.php(842): Google_Http_REST::execute(Object(GuzzleHttp\Client), Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Request), 'Google_Service_...', Array, NULL)
#4 /usr/local/share/google-api-php-client/src/Google/Service/Resource.php(232): Google_Client->execute(Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Request), 'Google_Service_ in /usr/local/share/google-api-php-client/src/Google/Http/REST.php on line 118

So the only plugin I have is Google Cloud SDK, but I didn't ask for it. How do I disable this? Or does that cause a problem?

SecAficionado:
Hi Ishantz,

I have the Google Cloud SDK as well, but I don't see that problem in my installation. A quick search for 'google-api-php-client' returns the Github page where Google maintains the code. They say that this is an API to access their services, but they recommend a new API for Google Cloud because it is under active development and adding new features. https://github.com/googleapis/google-api-php-client

This is just my guess, but it is possible that an old installation of the os-google-cloud-sdk package added that API and a newer installation failed to remove it. I would suggest contacting the package maintainer. If you look at the info link in your system, you can find their email address there.

Even if they did not place it there, they might know why it is there, since they are familiar with Google services accessed from opnsense.

BTW: From the error log, this is not hurting anything. The script starts, can't find the account information, and exits with an error. But I believe you shouldn't have anything in your system you are not using. I agree with you that this should not be running in the first place.

lshantz:
Thanks for the reply. This is a brand new install, so it is coming from the Opnsense package. I have seen this on several installs. So if you are not seeing it, then like you say, it must be coming from one of the packages that gets installed later. The trick is to find out which package is introducing this error.  :P

low351:
Oldish Thread I know but I had this exact error message and it's due to the System - Configuration - Backup settings for google drive being incorrect, I had activated it but didn't understand how to generate the P12 key required.  I left it activated and this error message started to appear.

Greelan:
The docs include a detailed how-to for setting up Google Drive backups: https://docs.opnsense.org/manual/how-tos/cloud_backup.html#setup-google-api-usage

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version