English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

SOLVED Resolving hostname

<< < (4/5) > >>

Seimus:

--- Quote from: AnthonyStark on March 25, 2024, 06:05:46 pm ---Hello,

even if it's an old post, I'll ask my question here.
I am using Zenarmor (1.16.4 - Mar 8, 2024 3:30 PM) and I have the problem that the IP addresses of the local systems are not resolved in the report.

I use AdGuard home on a RaspberryPI as DNS server and have set up UnboundDNS in OPNsense.

If I perform an nslookup on an IP address from the report via my PC, for example, the IP address is resolved, but this does not happen in the report.

The following options are activated:
Zenamor - Settings - DNS Enrichment for Reports
The Adguard IP was added
System - Settings - Administration - DNS Reping Check (disabled)

At first I thought it was a premium function that is not available in the free version. But when I read through the article here, it should also work in the free version or am I wrong?
As an alternative I could put OPNsense Host aliases, they will be resolved, but if possible I would like to avoid that.

Best regards
Anthony

--- End quote ---

This will work only for licensed versions, starting from HOME. If you have the free, you  need to have the OPN  use the Allies as is in their documentation.

https://www.zenarmor.com/docs/configuring/configuring-dns-for-reports

You may click the Use OPNsense Host aliases for DNS Enrichment toggle button on the DNS Enrichment for Reports page to enable or disable the OPNsense Aliases for DNS Enrichment feature.

Regards,
S.

AnthonyStark:
Thank you very much. I am using the free version. So it is a limitation of my license.

Seimus:
You are welcome,

When you buy a subscription, you will be able to toggle "Real-time Reverse DNS Queries". This basically will then use your configured DNS in Zenarmor.

Addition to payed license you will get:
Device tab
Activity explorer tab

Regards,
S.

AnthonyStark:
It's done. It does not translate the IP address with the host, but creates new entries that I did not see in my top 10.

For my better understanding. I have now created a firewall alias of type - Hosts(s) with the corresponding IP as content.
The option "Use OPNsenes Host aliases for DNS enrichment" is active. However, I still see the IP address in the report. Do I need to update anything else?

xternal`:
I have the free version running and some of my local IPs resolve but not others. Its strange. I don't have any aliases setup.

Does this happen for anyone else?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version