English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

[Solved] Can't run reports from Remote Elasticsearch DB

(1/2) > >>

FullyBorked:
Just reinstalled Sensei to move the Elastisearch DB load to a remote server on my LAN.  The setup went well without error, I can see network traffic into my Elastisearch DB, so it appears to be connecting without issue.  But when I try and run a report it errors out saying that the service isn't running.  However if you navigate to the status page it shows status as 'Running'.  I'm a bit confused on why this isn't working.  Any ideas?

FullyBorked:
Maybe I don't understand this.  So when you send report data to an external Elasticsearch server it doesn't query that data for reports locally?  It's expected you'll view that data with Kibana?  Why?  Why can't you query reports on the remote Elasticsearch server just as you would remotely. 

Feel like I may have just blown an afternoon here...

EDIT: Looks like based on the replies in this thread https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=19266.0 it should work just fine and not require Kibana.  So I guess it's just broken for some reason.  Maybe reporting is still pointed at the local Elasticsearch instance?

mb:
Hi @FullyBorked,

This might be related to a bug in TLS authentication /w Elasticsearch.

Stay tuned. 1.6.1 is shipping today/tomorrow with fixes.

FullyBorked:

--- Quote from: mb on October 05, 2020, 05:19:41 pm ---Hi @FullyBorked,

This might be related to a bug in TLS authentication /w Elasticsearch.

Stay tuned. 1.6.1 is shipping today/tomorrow with fixes.

--- End quote ---
Ok thanks.  I'll hold tight and be patient .

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

FullyBorked:
I can confirm 1.6.1 fixed my reporting issue. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version