English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Sensei using Captive Portal to track user names

(1/2) > >>

mcmahoc:
Hi,

Is there a guide for configuring Captive Portal for use with Sensei? Currently all traffic is dedicated to anonymous users. I don't have the AD / LDAP integration feature on my subscription and it would be great to know who is doing what.

Not sure what other details anyone would need if they are able to assist other than:
OPNSense v20.7.2
Sensei v1.6
Currently monitoring LAN network

One other question: Should I look at adding my WAN interface to Sensei?

Thanks,
Chris

mb:
Hi Chris,

No need for any configuration. If you've enabled Captive Portal; and started authenticating users; Sensei should be able to pick up user information automatically.

For the WAN interface, we do not recommend that, since Sensei is better meant for inner-facing interfaces like LAN. We suggest you use Suricata for the WAN interface.

mcmahoc:
Hi,

I think I'm missing something fairly fundamental about Captive Portal configuration (apologies for being a bit dim). I have enabled it Captive Portal for one my interfaces that Sensei is monitoring, and I assume it's working because I had to "log in" to get access to the internet from the clients connected to that network zone. I know Sensei is monitoring the interface because I get the sensei block page when visiting a restricted page.

However, Sensei still only shows anonymous egress / ingress.

Captive Portal config screenshot attached.

mb:
That's not expected. As soon as you get Captive Portal working, Sensei should be able to pick user information.

Let's have a closer look. Can you send a PR through the "Report Bug" menu (upper right corner of the screen)?

mcmahoc:
Hi mb,

Sent a bug report.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version