Archive > 20.7 Legacy Series

Upgrade to 20.7 on APU2 did not work

(1/1)

rheller:
Hi all

I recently tried to go to the new v20.7 but that seemed not to have worked.

My dashboard says that OPNsense is 20.1.9_1-amd64, FreeBSD is 12.1-RELEASE-p7-HBSD and OpenSSL is 1.1.1g 21 Apr 2020

My Audit health status says
***GOT REQUEST TO AUDIT HEALTH***
>>> Check installed kernel version
Version 20.7 is incorrect, expected: 20.1.7
>>> Check for missing or altered kernel files
No problems detected.
>>> Check installed base version
Version 20.7 is incorrect, expected: 20.1.7

When I try to 'Check for updates', I get
Firmware status check was aborted internally. Please try again.

So I just tried to go to the console (SSH). Whe I try there to do some pgk update, I discovered that, at least for all mirrors that I was trying, I get
pkg: https://mirrors.dotsrc.org/opnsense/FreeBSD:12:amd64/20.1/latest/meta.txz: Not Found

I checked now at the mirrors and I found that none of the tested ones has a subdirectory '20.1' under the FreeBSD:12 version. This directory only exists under the FreeBSD:11 version.

I assume that I have to go back to some working kernel and base. But before doing that on my own, I would like to have some advice of your cracks since I am not an expert on linux administration and before killing my still operational system, it's better to ask first.

Any help and advice is very appreciated.

Regards, Ralph

franco:
The upgrade didn't go through. Some people admitted to power-cycling mid-update because it was taking too long... ;)

In firmware flavour setting set "20.7/latest". Check for updates. Install and then set flavour back to default.

Cheers,
Franco

rheller:
Hi Franco

Thanks for your tip. That did the trick. Now I'm at 20.7.2 and also the 'check for updates' is working again.

Best regards,
Ralph

NB for dummy users like me that encounter a similar problem: I changed the 'firmware flavour' to '(other)' and in the appearing field, I entered '20.7/latest' in my case.

franco:
Happy to hear this worked out fine :)

Cheers,
Franco

jimjohn:
Hi, I got a similar problem with upgrading from 21.4 to 21.6 on an APU4. The proposed solution did not work for me. Any ideas?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version