Archive > 20.7 Legacy Series

[SOLVED] upgrade from 20.1.9 to 20.7 failed

<< < (2/3) > >>

franco:
If packages don't install please post your /var/cache/opnsense-update/.upgrade.log

Thanks,
Franco

jkemp:
Okay, changing that file fixed it. Great job, that's for responding and posting the remedy.

I'm back up again,

James

franco:
Nevermind me asking for logs. Maybe in the future I should steer away from asking for debug output or general criticism of "why does this not work and why does nobody fix it".

Anecdote: over a year ago someone complained that we should have logs for major upgrades. Complaints are nice,  but it seems like irony to me now.

Cheers,
Franco

alex_rhys-hurn:
Dear Franco,

Please don't take any of my "why does it" comments negatively. For me thats always a genuine technical curiosity as to what could have happened and not a frustration that things arent working as expected. This is actually the main reason why I run FOSS software, and its a fun process.

You have helped me directly before (was a newbie and didnt understand the FRR integration), for which I am grateful.

I do know that moderating fora can be a thankless task, so I thank you for doing it.

I didn't manage to upload the file due to time constraints, but here it is now. I haven't looked at it and dont know how useful it is now that the system upgraded ok, I did include some debug output in the original posts, but maybe not enough, so apologies for that.

Reading the other thread about long running "python37-3.7.8_1 and ruby can take ages" I guess I may be a victim of that (prematurely restarting the host) but, as I am running on an old ESXI host of mine with a quad core  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5420 @ 2.50GHz (4 cores) on a hardware RAID controller with a RAID10 SAS mirror I figured it had had enough time... Lesson learned.

Anyway, thanks again for all the support.

Alex

franco:
Hi Alex,

No worries. I just sometimes feel help fast can be quite impossible under certain conditions :D

Looking at the log:

[133/133] Upgrading opnsense from 20.1.9_1 to 20.7...
[133/133] Extracting opnsense-20.7: ........

It looks like it almost finished the final (and most important package in that mirror URL debacle) package but got interrupted. I'm guessing just a few seconds missing.

Cheers,
Franco

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version