Archive > 20.1 Legacy Series

ZeroTier Networking between LANS

(1/1)

dcline:
What's the trick to get ZeroTier to route traffic between LANs?

I've got (2) OPNsense firewalls setup each with their own LAN network and I'm trying to use ZeroTier to route between connect the two.

Every guide I've found says to setup static routes on ZT Central for the LANs - unfortunately those routes auto-update to OPNsense, which breaks the LAN interface since it now has a route for it's own LAN that points elsewhere.

So instead I've tried setting up Static Routes  with Upstream Gateways for the LANs  on OPNsense, and this works (both LANs can route to each other) but for some reason the Gateways go offline after while. I'm not sure what's causing this - perhaps the pathing ZT is taking is changing and the gateway probe isn't recovering?

Furthermore what's strange about this is after the gateway goes down SOMETIMES i can get a ping to go through from one OPNsense to the other and it brings the Gateways back up.

Cerberus:
In Zerotier use a dedicated subnet just for routing and set routes on opnsense and not zt central. Now you have the ability to set routes in opnsense by hand. Use this zt network only for firewall to firewall, if you want to use it with other clients you will miss the routes.

ismurdegus:
Hey guys

I think I have the same issue...but I am not a PRO!

Will be possible to have some extra help on how to do it please?
I think I have the same setup:
2 location with an OPNSense box on each side. Both have Zerotier installed and setup.

Need that the local network on site 1 can be reach form site 2 and vice versa.....
Like a SITE to SITE VPN

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version