English Forums > Development and Code Review

UDP Broadcast Relay beta package

(1/7) > >>

marjohn56:
There are now so many people running this now and I'm sending out a couple of PM links a day, so I'm just going to post it here. One day it will get officially taken up and will appear in the plugins. In the meantime should something change then I will update the pkg accordingly and post here.

You can grab it here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/no60byvyspab9m0/os-os-udpbroadcastrelay-devel-0.5_0.6.txz?dl=0

To install, copy the file to a your opnsense instance /tmp folder. Go to the shell, cd to the /tmp folder and issue the following command.

pkg install os-*.txz

You should then have a new menu item in services.

This is an updated version of udpbroadcastrelay that uses a new method of reflection detection. This can be overridden using the Use TTL for ID option, it then resorts to it's former operation, however the new method appears to work fine, so you should be able to leave that option un-ticked.

It now also supports multiple multicast addresses on the same port.

Add the relay you want, here are the values for some common ones. the --dev items refer to your interfaces, in the UDP Broadcast Relay menu you just select the interfaces from the dropdown box in the menu.

Syncthing discoveryudp_vars="--id 1 --port 21027 --dev igb1 --dev igb2"

mDNS / Multicast DNS (Chromecast Discovery + Bonjour + More)udp_vars="--id 1 --port 5353 --dev eth0 --dev eth1 --multicast 224.0.0.251 -s 1.1.1.1"(Chromecast requires broadcasts to originate from an address on its subnet)

SSDP (Roku Discovery, Sonos + More) --id 1 --port 1900 --dev eth0 --dev eth1 --multicast 239.255.255.250"

Lifx Bulb Discovery --id 1 --port 56700 --dev eth0 --dev eth1

Broadlink IR Emitter Discovery --id 1 --port 80 --dev eth0 --dev eth1

Warcraft 3 Server Discovery --id 1 --port 6112 --dev eth0 --dev eth1"

Once you have created the instance(s) you'll need to start them for the first time from the services widget in the lobby, just click on the start button that will have appeared there. After that you can start and stop them from the UDP Broadcast Relay menu itself.

NB - each instance should have a unique ID, 1 2 3 etc...

jhenderson0107:
I'd like to try using the package, but the dropbox link appears broken.  Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

marjohn56:
Just checked it and its working fine.

I did notice that dropbox now opens the txz file, but just click the download button and you get the full txz file to install.

mimugmail:

--- Quote from: jhenderson0107 on May 02, 2020, 02:30:07 am ---I'd like to try using the package, but the dropbox link appears broken.  Thank you in advance for your assistance.

--- End quote ---

pkg install os-udpbroadcastrelay-devel

marjohn56:
is he running on dev? I did not see that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version