Archive > 19.7 Legacy Series

Wireguard Unstable

(1/3) > >>

bobbythomas:
Hi All,

I have been using Wireguard dev for a while and recently mived to the stable build but after moving to the stable build wireguard has become unstable. Most of the times it won't establish the connection with the server only in one occasion it was able to establish the connection there were no changes in the config and I have even tried uninstalling and doing a fresh install, still thar didn't work. How can view the Wireguard logs? It's seems really hard to troubleshoot Wireguard connectivity issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bobby Thomas

mimugmail:
What means one occasion? There didnt change much. Sadly WireGuard is so lightweight that it doesnt throw logs :(

bobbythomas:
Thank you Michael for the quick response. It was not really an occassion, but I was trying to connect to it from my mobile and laptop with same profile (same peer config with only IP address change) and I was only able to connect it from my laptop. Earlier it used to connect from both and if I use only one device to connect to VPN then there will be no issues, but there will be handshake issues if both of them connect at the same time and because of that I used to see packet drops (because of same public key config). I was only able to connect to VPN once after the change to stable version and not from my mobile. I tried capturing data and vould see traffic coming from my mobile or laptop on udp 51820 port but there was no handshakes. I was only seeing handshake sent from peer end but nothing received. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Regards,
Bobby Thomas

franco:
WireGuard has a history of forcing device bugs in FreeBSD and we know there are more crashes out in the wild although two prominent ones have already been fixed (in 19.7). As such, it can only get better and it helps to understand where the situation comes from, how new WireGuard still is and why we only reluctantly "unleash" new technologies. If it would have been different and there weren't any fixes yet we wouldn't have made WireGuard "stable" yet. But it's process, not binary decision and suddenly everything work so actually WireGuard needs the "stable" tag to be able to bring in more users which will trigger the hard to find bugs so they will be fixed eventually.

Cheers,
Franco

mimugmail:
Screenshots of local instance and endpoints please

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version