Archive > 19.7 Legacy Series

Use a second gateway for P2P traffic.

(1/3) > >>

TheCodeGeek:
Hi folks,

I have a VPN service configured in OPNsense 19.7.4 and I want to use it exclusively for P2P traffic. I have an alias configured for the ports that I want to filter by. I want to block these ports from accessing my default gateway and force them to my second gateway. I want to force all other traffic to use the default gateway. I have been looking through the documentation, but the process to do this is unclear to me. Can anyone help?

Note: Currently, when the VPN is on, all traffic gets blocked (or is passed to the VPN and it's not working). The only way to gain access to the internet is to turn off the VPN. It would seem that OPNsense is trying to pass all traffic through the VPN, but I can't seem to figure out how to fix this. I also can't seem to figure out if I should place the rules in Floating, WAN or LAN.

mimugmail:
Which guide did you follow for setup?

TheCodeGeek:
I've followed various guides. But there are a number of things I don't understand. Like do I put all of the rules in the same part of the firewall? Should I use source or destination? Do I use floating or LAN or WAN? There seem to be too many variables.

If you meant with the VPN, I acted according to the following directions modifying the details for the provider: http://chronicgeekage.blogspot.com/2019/02/opnsense-and-pia-private-internet-access.html

TheCodeGeek:
I try to create rules, but it seems that the rules aren't being used. When I place a rule in Floating if I set the rule to be both in and out, on any interface, on any network, with the source and destination ports set to my port range... It seems to do nothing.

mimugmail:
Always use interface where traffic arrives first inbound. Check multi wan howto on OPNsense docs to learn how it works

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version