English Forums > General Discussion

maltrail server portal does not allow you to login?

(1/1)

mgear:
Hello all, I have just installed os-maltrail-1.1 on the latest version of opnsense.
When I attempt to login to the maltrail server, using the default (I think) of admin/changeme!, the portal refuses to log me in. I have also tried root/changeme!  with no luck. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but would appreciate some guidance.
I validated the hash that the password is changeme!
I have validated that logging is producing error on login attempt:
maltrail[81235]: Failed password for admin from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 53510
I also checked the maltrail.conf file:

USERS
    admin:9AB3CD9D67BF49D01F6A2E33D0BD9BC804DDBE6CE1FF5D219C42624851DB5DBC:2000:0.0.0.0/0                        # changeme!

Seems to be right?
I have tried mozilla, chrome, both in incognito mode.
Any pointers? Thank you

nadmax:
Hi,

Am actually having the same issue - I thought it was my just my setup but reassuring to see that am not alone. Exactly the same symptoms, tried uninstalling the plugin + rebooting + reinstalling but same problem.

So +1 for the issue.

Thanks all!

mimugmail:
https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=14182.msg65757#msg65757

guys ... lowercase please .. or change your password like stated in the docs.

nadmax:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, while your answer did not directly resolve my issue, it got me looking in the right direction. I was not familiar with the notion of SHA 256 passwords, so after a few minutes of research I realised that I have to input the hash and not the password directly. Problem resolved for me - all working good!

Thanks again!

nadmax.

mgear:
Hi and thank you that did resolve my issue. Although I am curious as why I ran into this considering I never tried to change the password. Less variables when you have an issue are easier to troubleshoot, right? :) Thank you again for your help and that did fix it for me :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version