Archive > 19.1 Legacy Series

updates/upgrades WORKED AS DESIGNED!

(1/2) > >>

GDixon:
I finally got 19.1.b_360 installed with 11.2 HBSD and restored from my back up.

I did a check updates again and got this (yes I did reboot several times)

Will this downgrade my 19.1 to 18.7.6 or am I reading this wrong?
I sure seem to be making big messes the last few days :)

Current version                                                       Next version
19.1.b_306                                                              Click to check for updates.
Package Name                                        Current Version                                New Version          Required Action
base                                                        19.1.b                                                18.7.6                  upgrade
kernel                                                19.1.b                                                18.7.6                  upgrade

nivek1612:
I get the same but its just because the package manger deals with production and your running dev

I believe the 19.1 package is "locked" so even if you say upgrade it will not replace it.

Must admit I didn't try

GDixon:
I'm chicken also lol It took too much work to get the firewall running this well!

I need to move the wan nic to another nic and I'm even waiting on that.

I'll do it in a VM first to see how bad i mess things up.

tibere86:

--- Quote from: GDixon on November 24, 2018, 01:47:08 pm ---I finally got 19.1.b_360 installed with 11.2 HBSD and restored from my back up.

I did a check updates again and got this (yes I did reboot several times)

Will this downgrade my 19.1 to 18.7.6 or am I reading this wrong?
I sure seem to be making big messes the last few days :)

Current version                                                       Next version
19.1.b_306                                                              Click to check for updates.
Package Name                                        Current Version                                New Version          Required Action
base                                                        19.1.b                                                18.7.6                  upgrade
kernel                                                19.1.b                                                18.7.6                  upgrade

--- End quote ---
Funny I came on the forums to ask the same question. I just flashed the new 19.1 beta image this evening.

GDixon:
I got brave and did a back up and upgraded.

The kernel and base do indeed stay locked!

It's safe to do :)

OPNsense holds few surprises and does what it should.

My thanks to the maintainers,staff and everyone that helps! Excellent software.

greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version