How is it that i can update from OPNsense 26.7.5 to OPNsense 26.7.6 with zero issues? Very impressed..., which is an understatement.
And i saw a much older installation update to the latest version without any issue, after many incremental updates, with a rather complex setup, which was perfect in the end.
So very impressed.
Did you really mean to write 26.7.5? That's only a couple weeks old.
I meant from:
OPNsense 26.7.5 released
to:
OPNsense 26.7.6 released
Worked perfectly.
and the reference to a much older version was from 24.x.x.
does this answer question?
And BTW. the point of this post is to confirm that an upgrade is so complete, and it covers all edge cases and creates a stable, reliable platform for x number of users. Where x = ??
Maybe my question could be misinterpreted as lack of appreciation so I want to clarify that is not the case. I thought you were implying an older version as your starting point and maybe had a typo. That's all.
I agree, smooth bi-weekly updates are much appreciated and not to be taken for granted :)
Right, so i meant two things. Thanks for calling me out on this. One, a 'minor' upgrade went without one issue (26.7.5 to 26.7.6). Two, what I consider an major upgrade, from a much older version (from 24.x ?) on a different system, also was completed successfully. In either case, whether minor or major, just trying to confirm upgrade process is impressive.