Hello community,
I could really use your help with the update to version 26.7.6.
The update process completes normally, the firewall restarts (Microsoft Hyper-V) and boots without errors.
However, Unbound DNS fails to run afterwards.
If I start the service manually, it runs for about 5 seconds before the following error appears in the log:
[8815:3] error: pythonmod: Exception occurred in function operate, event: module_event_moddone
From the specific Unbound logs, I was able to see last night that the buffer was unavailable. However, during a second attempt, I increased it to 10 MB (up from the default 4 MB).
Since Unbound won't start, nothing else is working, of course.
What did I do wrong?
Our OPNsense instance runs as the core router directly connected to the FTTH modem (VLAN 7). Apart from that, it manages 3 VLANs and handles DNS and DHCP; Squid and HAProxy are, of course, essential components.
Everything is standard, except for one third-party plugin (os_abusedipdb).
Has anyone else perhaps run into this same problem?
Up until now, all updates have always gone through without issues.
Best regards,
Constantin
Hi Constantin,
Can you test this kernel?
https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=53114.msg275459#msg275459
Cheers,
Franco
Hello @franco!
Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
I think my post here can be closed, and we can continue in this thread (https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=53114.msg275459#msg275459).