OPNsense Forum

English Forums => Zenarmor (Sensei) => Topic started by: Styx13 on October 08, 2026, 02:38:50 PM

Title: Cannot use external elastic search database anymore with the free license?
Post by: Styx13 on October 08, 2026, 02:38:50 PM
I hadn't looked at my Zenarmor dashboard for a while, and I recently noticed that it didn't have any connection in the report/live session, no threat, nothing, just the Traffic Graph (Throughput) volume/packets on the dashboard.

I checked my Elasticsearch (v8) and noticed the zenarmor indices didn't have any new data in them in a while.

I then proceeded with deleting the indices (tried to delete them from the Zenarmor settings > Reporting & Data > Reporting Database, but that didn't do anything), so I deleted them directly from Elastic search.

Then I noticed that Zenarmor re-creates new indices, but it does not put any document in them, they stay empty.

Finally, I opened the "Change reporting database" pane and noticed the little tooltip next to Use a "Remote Elasticsearch Database" that says: "To use this reporting database, you need to purchase a premium subscription."

zenarmor_reportingDatabase.jpeg

So I guess that is the reason why I do not see anything in live session and reports? Zenarmor just refuses to send data to my Elasticsearch because I have the free edition?
Title: Re: Cannot use external elastic search database anymore with the free license?
Post by: Greg_E on October 08, 2026, 03:25:52 PM
This doesn't help you, but your post gave me an idea to check my local DB, and through a bunch of breaks, I finally got mine working again. I was on Elastic 5 and after breaking and then upgrading to Elastic 8 mine is now working again.

So thanks for the idea, wish I could help with your problem.