OPNsense Forum

English Forums => 26.7 Series => Topic started by: (MARLOO) on October 06, 2026, 02:09:58 AM

Title: Quectel EC25‑E / EG25‑G Mini PCIe 4G modems supported
Post by: (MARLOO) on October 06, 2026, 02:09:58 AM
Hi,

I'm running:

OPNsense: 26.7.5‑amd64

FreeBSD: 15.1‑RELEASE‑p3

on a Topton/CWWK‑style N100/N5105 firewall mini‑PC with:

1× Mini PCIe slot for WiFi/3G/4G (USB protocol)

1× onboard SIM slot

I want to add a 4G/LTE Mini PCIe modem as a secondary WAN (failover).

I've been following this issue about Quectel modems breaking after 24.7 and the related GitHub thread:

Forum: "LTE Modem Failure after Upgrade 24.1 to 24.7"
https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=41751.0

GitHub: "LTE Modem Failure after Upgrade 24.1 to 24.7"
https://github.com/opnsense/src/issues/214

Given that context, are the following modems supported on OPNsense 26.7.5 / FreeBSD 15.1?

Quectel EC25‑E Mini PCIe

Quectel EG25‑G Mini PCIe

If not, which Mini PCIe 4G/LTE modem is currently known to work reliably with this OPNsense version?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Title: Re: Quectel EC25‑E / EG25‑G Mini PCIe 4G modems supported
Post by: nero355 on October 06, 2026, 03:28:47 PM
Have a look at https://docs.opnsense.org/manual/how-tos/cellular.html#configuring-cellular-modems and see if they are listed there :)