OPNsense Forum

English Forums => 26.7 Series => Topic started by: (MARLOO) on September 30, 2026, 02:24:17 PM

Title: OPNsense 26.7.5 update
Post by: (MARLOO) on September 30, 2026, 02:24:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I upgraded my OPNsense installation to version 26.7.5.

After the upgrade, I applied the new password-security feature by changing my administrator password. This regenerated the password hash using the new Argon2id method instead of the previous bcrypt hash.

Regarding Unbound, I confirmed that it is running correctly on the configured LAN and VLAN interfaces. DNS resolution continued to work normally after the upgrade, with no additional configuration changes required.

Regarding NAT, I checked the new Source NAT section under:

Firewall → NAT → Source NAT

My existing NAT configuration continued to work normally after the upgrade, so no migration or rule changes were required.

Other changes include:

- improved interface dependency handling and boot-order diagnostics;
- improved HA service restart handling;
- Kea DHCP ping-check settings for subnets;
- improved gateway group ACL handling;
- stricter packet-capture archive handling;
- improved backup verification after upload;
- updates to opnsense-patch and opnsense-prefetch;
- OpenSSL updated to 3.5.9;
- package manager updated to 2.8.4;
- updates to ddclient, the firewall legacy plugin, Net-SNMP, Puppet Agent and several themes.

So far, everything is working normally for me after the update.

Thanks to the OPNsense developers for the work on this update!