OPNsense Forum

English Forums => 26.7 Series => Topic started by: BoerBart on September 29, 2026, 06:09:25 PM

Title: Connections suddenly blocked on LAN interface
Post by: BoerBart on September 29, 2026, 06:09:25 PM
I've been using OPNsense for about two years now, never had any issue, until a few days back. I've set up a few VLANs in OPNsense that are all functioning properly, but I'm having issues on the LAN interface since recently. My idea is that the issue started either because of:

- An OPNsense update;
- Using the rule migration tool.

OPNsense version: 26.7.4_1
Architecture: amd64
Updated on: Sun Sep 20 15:14:10 UTC 2026

I'm running two Peladn N95 nodes in Proxmox, both are fully up-to-date as well.
Firmware version of the Peladn network devices: rtl8168h-2_0.0.2 02/26/15

The two peladn nodes, my PC, phone and such are all on the same LAN interface. OPNsense is running on a VM in the Proxmox cluster, i've got quite a few other containers/VMs running, each in several VLANs. Two days ago (after running the migration tool), I noticed that the internet on my phone got spotty, and today i've noticed it on my PC. When looking at the firewall logs, I noticed that (randomly to me) connections are being dropped, though not all. A page or Whatsapp message sometimes loads/gets delivered, and the next time it keeps loading/sending. Here are the output details for one of them of the Live View:
 
__timestamp__ 2026-09-29T15:48:11
ack 3901492930
action [block]
anchorname
datalen 39
dir [in]
dst 34.54.185.247
dsthostname
dstport 443
ecn
id 13033
interface vtnet0
ipflags DF
ipversion 4
label Default deny / state violation rule
length 91
offset 0
protoname tcp
protonum 6
reason match
rid 02f4bab031b57d1e30553ce08e0ec131
rulenr 13
seq 3881579953:3881579992
src 192.168.1.225
srchostname
srcport 40708
status 2
subrulenr
tcpflags PA
tcpopts
tos 0x0
ttl 64
urp 63

When looking at Firewall -> Diagnostics -> Statistics -> Rules, my assumption that this is rule 13:
@13 block drop in log inet all label "02f4bab031b57d1e30553ce08e0ec131"

    15
    :
     
    59
    :
     25 2026
    evaluations
    :
     11538
    packets
    :
     1700
    bytes
    :
     171359
    states
    :
     0
    nodes
    :
     0
    limit
    :
     0
    nat/rdr
    :
     0
    route
    :
     0
    inserted
    :
     uid 0 pid 0
    state_creations
    :
     0
    time
    :
     tue sep 29

This issue only happens on the LAN interface, all other interfaces are running just fine. I can't seem to figure out what I can do to solve this. I do not have any other rules that block traffic on the LAN interface.
Title: Re: Connections suddenly blocked on LAN interface
Post by: nero355 on September 29, 2026, 07:08:11 PM
Post your network setup and all the Firewall Rules for the LAN Interface.

Is the Mini PC a Single NIC model or Dual/Quad NIC ?


And in general : The more info you provide, the less guessing we all have to do! ;)