OPNsense Forum

English Forums => 26.7 Series => Topic started by: Gilgamesh on August 14, 2026, 05:23:35 AM

Title: Boot stuck for 1-2 min after update to 26.7.x
Post by: Gilgamesh on August 14, 2026, 05:23:35 AM
Successfully upgraded to 26.7.x from 26.1.11_10, but then the boot process took longer than usual. Tried to restart the OPNsense multiple times and every time it stops on the line Configuring WireGuard VPN... for around 1.5 min.

The VPN service then is up and running, no issues.

Any ideas?
Title: Re: Boot stuck for 1-2 min after update to 26.7.x
Post by: newsense on August 14, 2026, 06:55:28 AM
Likely a slow system where unbound takes a while to start and WireGuard depends on it because it is configured with fqdn instead of IP
Title: Re: Boot stuck for 1-2 min after update to 26.7.x
Post by: Gilgamesh on August 14, 2026, 03:31:57 PM
That was my 1st thought as I indeed use Unbound and WG with FQDN.
But 4 lines up I can see Starting Unbound DNS...done. and there is no delay on this line. Only on the mentioned "Configuring WireGuard VPN...".

And the system is not slow, booting from SSD. Usually take under a minute to fully boot. I didn't notice this with the previous firmware based on 26.1.x. No chages in the configuration.

(https://i.ibb.co/QvTR2KPc/2026-08-14-092152.jpg)


Is there a simple way (GUI) to put some delay for WG?

Title: Re: Boot stuck for 1-2 min after update to 26.7.x
Post by: oc on September 06, 2026, 07:19:22 PM
Hello Gilgamesh,

I have the same issue. Sharing with you my topic: https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=52901.0

Did you find any solution in the meantime?
Title: Re: Boot stuck for 1-2 min after update to 26.7.x
Post by: Gilgamesh on September 14, 2026, 01:22:04 AM
No, I haven't found any solutions yet and at the moment I'm not actively seeking such as not urgent for my situation. My S2S tunnel initiates properly without my interaction, so the only impact for me currently is the boot time.