OPNsense Forum

English Forums => 26.7 Series => Topic started by: marjohn56 on August 12, 2026, 04:14:27 PM

Title: Thank you Opnsense Team
Post by: marjohn56 on August 12, 2026, 04:14:27 PM
It'll be 9 years in December since I made the jump from pfSense to OpnSense. At that time OpnSense was a bit rough around the edges, well, let's be honest it was very rough around the edges, but I stuck with it, got involved and helped ( or hindered ) in a few ways. I just want to say that what I am using today works pretty much flawlessly. I have just spent several hours cleaning up firewall rules, getting used to the new firewall layout, adding AbuseIPDDB and more, all working flawlessly.
Well done chaps, you should be very proud.
Title: Re: Thank you Opnsense Team
Post by: franco on August 12, 2026, 04:16:06 PM
Hey Martin, living the good life, eh? Thank you for your support through the years. It means a lot coming from you.  :)


Cheers,
Franco
Title: Re: Thank you Opnsense Team
Post by: chemlud on August 12, 2026, 04:51:59 PM
Rookie! :-p

But thanks a lot, too. :-)  Although I never got involved. To many other things arround and not really much I could help anyways.
Title: Re: Thank you Opnsense Team
Post by: dseven on August 12, 2026, 05:39:19 PM
Quote from: chemlud on August 12, 2026, 04:51:59 PMAlthough I never got involved.

2,636 forum posts probably counts as "getting involved" to some degree :)
Title: Re: Thank you Opnsense Team
Post by: marjohn56 on August 12, 2026, 06:32:39 PM
Quote from: chemlud on August 12, 2026, 04:51:59 PMRookie! :-p

But thanks a lot, too. :-)  Although I never got involved. To many other things arround and not really much I could help anyways.
You did some testing, you posted issues on Github, you helped a lot of users, you got involved.
Title: Re: Thank you Opnsense Team
Post by: Aveamantium on August 12, 2026, 08:46:39 PM
While I've been happily running OPNSense for a couple of years, I'm new to the forums...  I'll pile on with my thanks! :)
Title: Re: Thank you Opnsense Team
Post by: AlpAne on August 12, 2026, 09:37:19 PM
I couldn't agree more to previous posters! Keep up the good work OPNsense-Team!
Title: Re: Thank you Opnsense Team
Post by: lilsense on August 14, 2026, 01:32:12 PM
Quote from: marjohn56 on August 12, 2026, 04:14:27 PMIt'll be 9 years in December since I made the jump from pfSense to OpnSense. At that time OpnSense was a bit rough around the edges, well, let's be honest it was very rough around the edges, but I stuck with it, got involved and helped ( or hindered ) in a few ways. I just want to say that what I am using today works pretty much flawlessly. I have just spent several hours cleaning up firewall rules, getting used to the new firewall layout, adding AbuseIPDDB and more, all working flawlessly.
Well done chaps, you should be very proud.

ditto
Title: Re: Thank you Opnsense Team
Post by: DEC740airp414user on August 14, 2026, 01:36:10 PM
I thank them yearly with a license

https://forum.opnsense.org/index.php?topic=2049.0