OPNsense Forum

English Forums => High availability => Topic started by: fayelund on March 15, 2025, 07:13:33 AM

Title: UDP Broadcast Relay - Track CARP status
Post by: fayelund on March 15, 2025, 07:13:33 AM
According to pfsense documentation their version of the UDP Broadcast Relay has the option to track carp status: https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/packages/udpbroadcastrelay.html

I cannot seems to find that OPNsense hsa the same setting available. Im I just missing it, or is it missing? If its missing does anyone know if its planned?

As Im running Ha setup on my FWs I woud love for this option.
Title: Re: UDP Broadcast Relay - Track CARP status
Post by: loadduck on August 29, 2026, 08:23:41 PM
This would be real great to have it embeded, next to include setup in UDP Broadcast Relay into XMLRPC Sync to next to Interfaces: Neighbors: Static Assignments (as cluster aware KEA is not able to register static ARP).

With this users would be able to have WoL and DLNA working between lans/vlans "out of the box" from backup node.