English Forums > General Discussion

Offering up a test bed environment for WAN drops

(1/1)

granute:
Howdy, folks.

I just replaced my OPNSense firewall with IPFire because I was having unresolveable problems with WAN drops even when turning off the Gateway checks. This was consistent with both OPNSense and PFSense on iron or as VMs and with a raft of different NICs, cabling, etc. I couldn't keep the WAN interface going for more than 5 minutes -- sometimes less -- even embedding a dhclient restart in system cron to run every few minutes. Looking around the various forums this seems to be a mysterious and also long-running issue.

I would very much prefer to run OPNsense due to the VLAN support, amongst other things, and so I'm offering up my environment and my hands for any advanced troubleshooting with someone who is more experienced with the lower levels of the OPNsense system. Perhaps even someone from Deciso if the opportunity presents.  I don't have a ton of BSD experience but I've been operating in the Free Software/Open Source world as DevOps and NetOps for a couple of decades. The hardware is HP Prodesk 600 with any number of available NICs and the connection is residential fiber Gb.

DM me if there's any interest in some remote debugging with the idea of possibly putting this WAN drop thing to rest. I'm cross-eyed from looking at debug logs. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version