English Forums > Zenarmor (Sensei)

Error about misconfigured interfaces

(1/2) > >>

tigo003:
I'm now getting the following error after the recent update of Zenarmor.

Zenarmor -    v.1.17.1
Zenarmor Application DB: 1.17.24042216

I haven't changed anything with my configuration - and Zenarmor is strictly configured for the LAN interfaces across different VLANs.

Is anyone facing a similar problem? 

"Possible deployment misconfiguration: devices with public IP addresses detected"  To correct this, please see the following document: https://www.zenarmor.com/docs/opnsense/installing/web-ui-initial-configuration#3-deployment-mode--interface-selection

enduser69:
I'm currently experiencing the same issue. I've tried switching between the different deployment modes and removed all vpn interfaces so that there is only a lan interface being probed my zenarmor. all my ports are closed.

edit:
- ok I've disabled ipv6 thinking i don't understand that stuff to well maybe that's the culprit, but no still getting a misconfiguration warning twice a day.
- at some point in my trouble shooting adventures 700+ devices showed up (they appeared to be the endpoints of everything being queried within my network local & wan destinations)
- netmap appears to be installed and functioning nominally

- opnsense healthcheck produces this maybe related entry
Version 24.1.5 is correct.
>>> Check for missing or altered base files
Error 2 occurred.
etc/sysctl.conf:
   size (299, 464)
   sha256digest (0x45f469e7a9b4eef887bab7b55397305043fe101e1d6ce6f7e23d758e72f56dc6, 0x13f0a06a1c6d76492abd3424150cd1f80e55d8837409a6e11a2288a968ff9277)

- zenarmor database health check does not initiate the misconfiguration warning again & produces no warnings or error (only tailed the last 25 lines of mongodb.log file)

opnsense 24.1.6
zenarmor 1.17.1
Zenarmor Application DB: 1.17.24042216

tigo003:
Just ran a health check audit, and similarly, had a similar error 2 in regards to sysctl.conf - size issue.

enduser69:
I think this is a false positive on zenarmors part. dnsleaktest looks normal...

I'm pretty new to opnsense & freebsd in general so my diagnostics are bit rudimentary. I'd really like to get zenarmor functioning properly or understand why it isn't playing well w/ my setup before my 2 week trail is up.

But cant find any documentation on using zenarmor or os-sensei via cli or instructions on probing zenarmor notifications further. I guess I'm not really even sure what the error in question is trying to indicate. Any links or instruction on achieving this would be much appreciated.

I've simplified my network to defaults now using 8.8.8.8 1.1.1.1 on dns, only 1 lan 1 wan, only using ipv4. I've cycled through all combinations of the deployment modes and interface selection on zenarmors settings tab w/ the same results.

sy:
Hi,

Please can you share a report by checking Zenarmor logs and config checkboxes via Have Feedback option in UI?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version