Archive > 22.7 Legacy Series

WLAN dead after update ( WPA2 )

(1/1)

metroidman:
Writing in to zero out some problems regarding WLAN setup with the latest 22.7 series

i used previous production versions without issues, lately i just came back from abroad so downgrading wasnt an option i setup from 20.1 to 22.7 and left it at that

after re-setting up my opnsense box with wan lan and wlan
i kept it all running without second thought for too long but yesterday after taking a indepth look at my setup i noticed that opnsense sets up the wlan interface with webui's options for wpa2 but fails to implement it at all.

if i for example try wep it comes in effect without issues, but as it is outdated i will not use it in fear of security breaches

basically the same issue as listed by this issue in github https://github.com/opnsense/core/issues/3818

but i did not experiene this issue in 20.1 in fact it is mostly just a recent issue, all of the issue related subjects say this could be fixed by setting it up trough CLI but as i am unfamiliar with how this would go i am yet to try and attempt it, if someone could point me in the right direction in regards to this i would gladly attempt said method, i would be happy to provide any necessary system info to clear this issue out

as of writing i also tested  devbuild   OPNsense 23.1.a_217 to see if this issue persists there aswell
and it is indeed present, i would presumably need to configure trough cli

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version