English Forums > Documentation and Translation

AdGuard Home setup guide

<< < (62/62)

yahyoh:
Hey Guys,

I just want to to double check,,

Is it ok to bind 0.0.0.0 interface instead of choosing local ip address?

I faced some issue with binding only local lan & 127.0.0.1 & ::1, where out of nowhere it stopped forwarding DNS to clients (even after adding firewall rule), so i changed the listening interfaces to 0.0.0.0 and i noticed it started working again and AGH seems now resolving  ipv6 clients requests not just ipv4.

edit: NVM AGH stopped receiving DNS requests again, had to add router ip as DNS servers in opnsense setting to get it to work!! i dont even know if thats the right solution tbh..

OzziGoblin:
Hi, I hope someone can assist me here?

I've installed AGH on my OpnSense Router, I kept the default port of 3000, but I can only administer it from the subnet/interface that I installed it from (192.168.50.x). I've created some additional fw rules to attempt access from a wifi network (192.168.61.x) as I have multiple VLANs, but no success. Am I missing something?

Has anyone else found a fix for this?

thanks

9axqe:
I think you need to edit the "/usr/local/AdGuardHome/AdGuardHome.yaml" and bind against the IPs of the router in each subnet. Or, alternatively, you must route between subnets.

Are you able to ping from the second subnet anything in the first subnet?

OzziGoblin:
Hi

I'll check the yaml file, but I can see in the settings the IPs are bound to all the IP's of the router,

I would have thought that AGH was accessible from the default gateway on each subnet and therefore I should be able to login to the admin console from the default gateway (192.168.61.1:3000) on each subnet or am I wrong?

thanks for your reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version